- Single board design simplifies the evaluation process
- On-board embedded debugger alleviates the need for external JTAG debugger saving cost for customers
October 23, 2017
TDK Corporation announces the worldwide availability of the SmartMotion® Platform encompassing 4 unique development kits. The SmartMotion development kits enable rapid evaluation and development of InvenSense MEMS sensor-based solutions. Built on a single board design, the platform enables fast system prototyping and parallel software development, resulting in faster deployment of end products to market. The SmartMotion platform is designed around Microchip’s G55MCU with built-in 512KB of Flash Memory and incorporates InvenSense’s market leading 6-axis, 7-axis, or 9-axis motion sensor solutions.
Developers can evaluate and incorporate sensor functions like orientation, activity tracking, and gestures to develop state-of-the-art applications. The SmartMotion Platform integrates an on-board Embedded Debugger so external tools are not required to program or debug the G55 MCU, saving customers the cost of an external JTAG debugger.
SmartMotion Development kits
- DK-20602 – Development platform for InvenSense ICM-20602, a high performance 6-axis motion sensor that combines a 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer.
- DK-20648 – Development platform for InvenSense ICM-20648, a high performance 6-axis motion sensor that combines a 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer, and Digital Motion ProcessorTM (DMPTM).
- DK-20789 – Development platform for InvenSense ICM-20789, a high performance 7-axis motion sensor combining a 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer, and a high accuracy pressure sensor.
- DK-20948 – Development platform for InvenSense ICM-20948, a high performance 9-axis motion sensor that combines a 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis compass, and a Digital Motion ProcessorTM (DMPTM).
Each development kit includes InvenSense MotionLink, a GUI based development tool and embedded Motion Drivers (eMD) for InvenSense sensors. The MotionLink can be used to capture and visualize sensor data from the motion sensor. Sensor Fusion is supported in the eMD, consisting of a set of APIs to configure various aspects of the platform including sensor parameters such as full-scale range (FSR), output data rate (ODR), low-power or low-noise mode, and sensor interface to host (I2C and SPI).
SmartMotion platforms can be purchased at $99 through InvenSense authorized distributors.
TDK will be showcasing the new SmartMotion Development Platform at the 2017 TDK Sensors Developers Conference to be held October 23-24, 2017 at the Santa Clara Marriott, in Santa Clara, California, USA. The conference focuses on the “World of Sensors” and will share the latest InvenSense motion and sound product portfolio and introduce new sensor companies from the TDK group. TDK, EPCOS, ICsense, TDK-Micronas, and Tronics, will accompany InvenSense to highlight their solutions and together represent TDK, showcasing a variety of new sensor products and solutions.. To schedule press and partner meetings for the complete TDK group at the show, contact email@example.com. For additional information about the InvenSense DK-20602, DK-20648, DK-20789, and the DK-20948, please visit www.invensense.com or contact InvenSense Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MEMS – Micro Electrical Mechanical Systems
- Digital Motion Processor – DMP offloads computation of motion processing algorithms from the host processor, improving system performance
- Sensor Fusion – Sensor Fusion is the aggregation of data from multiple sensors (Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Compass etc.) to obtain better information and accuracy, than using sensors individually.
- Smartphones, Tablets, Smart Watches
- Wearables, Activity monitors
- Cleaner Robots
- Sports Equipment
- Drones, Toys
- Smart Watches
- Wearables, Health Monitoring band
- Flying Toys
- Wearables, Activity Monitors
- Industrial application
- Wearables, Smartphones, Activity Monitors, Smart Watches
- Drones, Toys
- Sports Applications
Main features and benefits
- Rapid evaluation and development of TDK InvenSense MEMS sensor based solutions
- Evaluating ICM-20602, ICM-20648, ICM-20789, ICM-20948 features, performance and application development
- On-board Embedded Debugger so external tools are not required to program or debug the G55 MCU, saving customers the cost of buying an external JTAG debugger.
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a leading electronics company based in Tokyo, Japan. It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK’s portfolio includes passive components, such as ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, ferrites and inductors, high-frequency products, and piezo and protection components, as well as sensors and sensor systems and power supplies. These products are marketed under the product brands TDK, EPCOS, InvenSense, Micronas, Tronics and TDK-Lambda. TDK’s further main product groups include magnetic application products, energy devices, and flash memory application devices. TDK focuses on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and automotive, industrial and consumer electronics. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2017, TDK posted total sales of USD 10.5 billion and employed about 100,000 people worldwide.
InvenSense, Inc., a TDK Group company, is a world leading provider of MEMS sensor platforms. InvenSense’s vision of Sensing Everything® targets the consumer electronics and industrial areas with integrated Motion and Sound solutions. InvenSense’s solutions combine MEMS (micro electrical mechanical systems) sensors, such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, compasses, and microphones with proprietary algorithms and firmware that intelligently process, synthesize, and calibrate the output of sensors, maximizing performance and accuracy. InvenSense’s motion tracking, audio and location platforms, and services can be found in Mobile, Wearables, Smart Home, Industrial, Automotive, and IoT products. In May of 2017, InvenSense became part of the MEMS Sensors Business Group within the newly formed Sensor Systems Business Company of TDK Corporation. InvenSense is headquartered in San Jose, California and has offices worldwide. For more information, go to www.invensense.com and http://www.coursaretail.com.
You can download this text and associated images from
Further information on the products can be found under https://www.invensense.com/smartmotion-platform
Contacts for regional media
||Mr. David A. ALMOSLINO
||TDK InvenSense, CA, USA